- Review and undertake cost value reconciliations on Family Mosaic’s service delivery arrangements, in particular responsive repairs and planned preventative maintenance (PPM).
- Work collaboratively with our contractor partners and Contract Management teams to drive efficiency improvements to deliver improved customer experience and better value for money.
- Undertake regular cost and quality assurance audits for all works programmes.
- Provide positive support to the Service Delivery Team.
- Work with Family Mosaic colleagues to provide service excellence.
- Undertake specific audits as required and work with Family Mosaic’s Internal and External Auditors to ensure probity, cost and quality and value for money.
- Undertake complex inspections and site visits of works and document valuations to support cost and value validation (and challenge).
- Review pricing on all works in comparison to agreed rates and SORs and challenge where additional items are being claimed.
- Determine where efficiency improvements can be made, initially focussing on FM’s PPM contracts.
- Determine committed spend on a monthly basis by running reports from the system and validating with contract managers.
- Ensure Value for money in the supply chain.
- Negotiating pricing.
- Contribute to the Quality assurance system.
- Provide Information/Reports to the Service Delivery team.
- Undertake benchmarking in the sector and industry to inform our strategic approach.
- Proactively investigate and promote best practice in the department.
- Provide and present reports & guidance to the Service Delivery team on cost audits undertaken.
- Assist in training for teams to improve the commercial nature of the business and cost value relationship.
- Working in collaboration with the Service Delivery teams and the wider Family Mosaic Group operating departments.
- Develop our service delivery relationships to deliver customer excellence and value for money.
- Develop understanding of costs within the service delivery contracts and lead the conveyance of the findings of this to Partnering and Contracts managers.
- Validate and negotiate commercial rates for works that need to be recharged.
- Assist the development of our service charge process.
- Undertake value audits as required.
- Provide or validate estimates of works and advise the Asset Management team on Value for money.
- Produce management information and reports as required for the Team and department.
- Ensure a culture of compliance with Family Mosaic’s Standing orders, H&S requirements, Equality and diversity policies and other Policies and procedures.
- Experience as a quantity/building surveyor, estimator or QA role in R&M, or Construction.
- Qualified, or working towards a qualification in quantity surveying.
- Experience with responsive and maintenance service contracts.
- Proven negotiating skills.
- Ability to drive efficiency improvements through contract analysis and comparison to industry practices.
- Knowledge of British Standards and codes of good practice for Building works.
- The ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Effective report writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Excel data manipulation and reporting skills.
- The ability to manage external commercial relationships effectively.
- Proactive in nature and proficient in problem solving.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
Further job information is available here.