Contracts and Accounts AssistantFAM00748
Contracts and Accounts Assistant
Directorate: Health and Wellbeing
Job Family: Care and Support
Reports to: Senior Analyst Business Strategy
Budget Responsibility: None
Hours: 0.6 FTE
Spot Salary: £25,000 (pro rata’d for 22.5 hours)
To effectively manage financial and contract data for Family Mosaic’s Health and Wellbeing directorate
- To manage the financial data held on the Capita Support database, ensuring data is comprehensive, up to date and accurate, in order to maximise the timely collection of all monies due
- To maintain financial contract data on the Capita Support database
- To set up, adjust and terminate contracts on the Capita Support database and liaise with internal and external partners
- To prepare ledger adjustments for backdated changes to care and support contracts
- To liaise with operations staff to ensure contract costs are correct in line with signed contractual agreements
- To run monthly financial reports for analysing and sharing with operational staff
- To produce bespoke reports and analysis of financial data as and when required/requested
- To work closely with Family Mosaic’s Credit Control department regarding queries arising from invoice creation, and assist in reconciliation of accounts
- To ensure correct and up to date contract information is held on Capita Finance and other systems are updated as necessary to reflect changes
- To ensure the coordination of new services to ensure IT, business systems and contract payment details are set up and implemented
- To liaise with operational colleagues to improve accuracy and quality of data held on systems
- To improve effective use of business systems, including showing colleagues the benefits of using systems and also ensuring that systems are user friendly and fit for practice.
- To constantly look for ways to improve Family Mosaic’s business systems and processes and participate in Lean reviews when the subject matter is linked to business systems
- To work with operational managers to keep the viability of all services/contracts under review and have in place up to date ‘planning sheets’ which evidence viability or indicate an action plan is required.
- Assist managers in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- To delegate for the Senior Analyst, undertaking complex analysis of data, running reports, overseeing the management of projects and attending meetings as directed by the Senior Analyst.
- To carry out other duties in line with the above, as requested by the line manager.
- To ensure all the Association’s policies and procedures are followed
- To comply with and demonstrate commitment to the Association’s Diversity Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and any equality strategies
- To comply with general Health and Safety duties (set out in the Association’s Health and Safety Policy) and work in a safe manner reporting any unsafe acts or conditions
- This job description accurately reflects the requirements of the job at the time of writing but may be subject to change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the directorate and association.
- Holds a finance qualification, has experience of working in finance,
- Experience of working to deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint with a high level of expertise in Excel including using Lookups, constructing pivot tables and other complex formulas
- Some experience of working with either Capita Support System or SUN Accounts or another accounts system
- Business or Accountancy (AAT) qualification (desirable)
- Educated to A level standard
- Maths and English to GCSE (or equivalent)
Knowledge and understanding:
- An understanding of business systems or accounting programmes
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equalities and diversity
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to clearly explain financial concepts to non-finance people
- Demonstrable ability to plan and manage own workload
- Ability to solve problems and respond positively to challenges
- Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player who will ask another member of the team if they’re not sure.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise effectively and ensure completion of tasks.
No back ground check is required for this role.
Further job information is available here.